Autumn Ronda is an attorney in the Tax and Wealth Planning Department of Valensi Rose, PLC. Autumn earned her MBA concurrently with her law degree, which provides her with exceptional insight into the questions and concerns of her clients, allowing her to act not only as a legal advisor, but also as a strategic business partner.
Autumn specializes in designing and implementing sophisticated estate planning strategies for her clients. She also handles complex trust and probate administration matters, and practices in a wide range of other transactional areas, including income tax planning, international tax planning, charitable planning, and business and real estate transactions.
Autumn is an Adjunct Professor of Law at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, where she currently teaches the law school’s course in Estate Planning. In addition to teaching, Autumn regularly writes for legal publications and is a speaker at prestigious legal conferences.
Autumn was designated a “Rising Star” among Southern California lawyers in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 by Super Lawyers Magazine, an honor received by only 2.5 percent of lawyers under age 40. Of the Rising Stars selected in 2015, Autumn was also named one of the top 50 local female attorneys.
Autumn was selected by her peers for inclusion in the 2016 and 2017 editions of “Best Lawyers in America” for her contributions to the Trust and Estates community. She was also honored at the 2014 Los Angeles Business Journal’s "Women Making a Difference" Awards.
Throughout her academic and professional careers, Autumn has consistently served in leadership roles. Autumn served as a Board Member of Make-A-Wish® Greater Los Angeles from 2014 until 2016, where she led the Planned Giving Committee. She also served on the board of the Beverly Hills Bar Association’s Trusts and Estates Section for five years, acting as it’s Chairperson in 2016. In addition, Autumn served as President of the Beverly Hills Bar Association’s Barristers, Chair of the State Bar of California’s Young Tax Lawyers Committee, and Chair of the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Young Tax Lawyers Committee.
Autumn understands the importance of giving back to her community, and participates in many pro bono activities. Autumn founded and chaired the BHBA Barristers Pro Bono Committee, which interfaces with local legal organizations to facilitate joint programming, connecting those members of her community who are in need of free legal services with attorneys looking to serve in a pro bono capacity. In conjunction with these pursuits, she designed and published, a monthly newsletter that reaches thousands of attorneys and highlights volunteer opportunities at local legal aid organizations.
Autumn also served as the Chair of the BHBA Barristers Wills for Heroes Committee, a national project that provides complimentary basic estate planning documents to first responders. Additionally, Autumn designed a program that provides basic estate planning services to low-income persons affected by HIV & AIDS through the Los Angeles County Bar Association AIDS Legal Services Project.
A first generation college graduate, Autumn recognizes the need for mentorship of younger persons who may otherwise lack natural mentors. She regularly volunteers her time as a mentor to college and law students, new attorneys, and other young persons. Autumn founded and chaired the BHBA Barristers Mentorship Committee, and designed the BHBA’s formal Mentorship Program.
Autumn holds a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration from Saint Mary’s College of California, a Juris Doctor from Southwestern University School of Law, a Master of Business Administration from Loyola Marymount University, and a Master of Laws in Taxation from Loyola Law School.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Tax and Wealth Planning Group
- Entertainment Group
- Business and Finance Group
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, CA, Master of Laws in Taxation, With High Distinction, 2009
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA, Master of Business Administration, Concentration in Finance, 2006
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, CA, Juris Doctor, 2006
- Saint Mary’s College of California, Moraga, CA, Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Magna Cum Laude, 2002
- Make-A-Wish® Greater Los Angeles – Board Member (2014-2016)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section – Chair (2015-2016); Board Member (2011-2016)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Barristers Board of Governors – President (2013-2014); Board Member (2009-2016)
- Beverly Hills Bar Foundation – Board Member (2012-2014)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Board of Governors – Board Member (2011-2015)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Barristers, Pro Bono Committee – Founder; Chair (2012-2016)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Barristers, Mentorship Committee – Founder; Chair (2012-2016)
- Wills for Heroes Foundation – California Chair (2010-present)
- California Society of CPAs, Estate Planning Committee – Steering Committee Member (2011-2013)
- State Bar of California, Taxation Section, Young Tax Lawyers Committee – President (2010-2015); Board Member (2008-2016)
- Los Angeles County Bar, Taxation Section, Young Tax Lawyers Committee – President (2010-2015); Board Member (2008-2016)
- State Bar of California, 2007
PUBLICATIONS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:
- “The Big Picture: Coordinating Estate Planning with Retirement Benefits,” L.A. Estate Counselors Forum, Presented by Autumn Ronda, March, 2016
- "How to Raise the Bar Through Online Communities And Personal Relationships,” National Conference of Bar Presidents Mid-Year Meeting, Presented by Autumn Ronda, Josie Beets, and Lowell Cardiff, February, 2016
- “The Big Picture: Coordinating Estate Planning with Retirement Benefits,” 2014 Annual Meeting of the California Tax Bar and California Tax Policy Conference, Presented by Jeremy M. Pelphrey and Autumn Ronda, November, 2014
- “Hot Topics Around the Country: The Requirement and Development of Mentorship Programs for New & Young Lawyers,” American Bar Association Teleconference, Presented by Autumn Ronda, Richard Frankel, Melanie Griffin, and Kara Johnson, April, 2014
- “Careers in Estate Planning,” UCLA, Presented by Autumn Ronda, Allan Cutrow, Nicole Pearl and Willow McJilton, January, 2013
- “Wealth Transfer Strategies in a Low Interest Rate Environment,” CalCPA Estate Planning Committee, Presented by Autumn Ronda, Nhaman Pelphrey and Michael Rosen-Prinz, August, 2012
- “GRATs & CLATs – It’s Now or Never,” 2011 Annual Meeting of the California Tax Bar and California Tax Policy Conference, Presented by Sean R. Kenney, Paul Lee, Autumn Ronda and Jason Schingler, November, 2011
- “Ethical Issues of Estate Planning,” CalCPA Estate Planning Committee, Presented by Arnold Kahn, Esq., Donita Joseph, CPA and Autumn Ronda, Esq., January, 2011
- “How to Develop an Estate Planning Practice – a Guide for Young Professionals,” L.A. County Bar Young Tax Lawyers and L.A. Chapter of CalCPA’s Emerging Professionals, Presented by William Weintraub, Esq., Geoffrey Bremer, CPA, Autumn Ronda, Esq. and Steven Valdes, CPA/PFS, August, 2010