Gary F. Torrell
Gary F. Torrell is a partner with over 30 years of legal and business experience. Gary is both a transactional lawyer and a litigator - quite unusual - making his clients feel protected and prepared for virtually any circumstance.
Gary spent the first 15 years of his legal career at national law firms, including as partner at Paul Hastings, handling creditors’ rights and bankruptcy cases as well as real estate and lending transactions. Next, Gary was Senior Counsel at City National Bank; Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary for Downey Financial Corporation and Downey Savings; and General Counsel to a private $1 billion national real estate company.
He continues the Valensi Rose tradition of providing clients sophisticated business and legal advice coupled with a reasonable fee structure to provide exceptional value in the services provided.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Litigation Group
- Business and Finance Group
- Real Estate Group
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Banking; Secured Transactions
- Corporate – Commercial and Business Law
- Commercial Finance
- Real Estate Sales, Leasing and Financing
- Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Business Litigation
- Creditors' Rights
- All Federal Courts in California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- J.D. - University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- B.S. Business Administration - State University of New York, Buffalo, New York
- Five published court decisions
- A-V Rated (highest rating by Martindale-Hubbell)