Jacqueline D. Yu
Jacqueline D. Yu has broad-based experience in trusts and estates, tax, and business law. Her clients include high-net-worth individuals and owners of closely held businesses, whom she advises on estate planning, business succession, tax mitigation, trust and probate administration, and probate litigation.
Her experience at law and accounting firms provides her with a comprehensive understanding of her clients’ personal and business financial needs, ranging from tax planning, compliance and reporting to strategies to preserve and transfer wealth and businesses to selected beneficiaries. In addition, her planning often reflects a client's additional objectives, such as making charitable bequests and minimizing the risk of litigation. Jacqueline works closely with accountants and other trusted advisors to ensure that the client’s goals are achieved.
Jacqueline's practice includes drafting revocable and irrevocable trusts, business agreements and ancillary documents, and consulting with individuals and businesses on tax planning strategies. Often this planning can involve complex holdings, international assets, intellectual property, the formation and dissolution of entities, cash flow projections and gifts of discounted interests.
Her trust and probate administration experience includes providing trustees with guidance on allocation, accounting, management and distribution of assets, and on fulfillment of fiduciary duties. In trust and probate litigation, Jacqueline has represented trustees and beneficiaries on issues of lack of capacity, undue influence and breaches of fiduciary duty.
Throughout her career, Jacqueline has been active in non-profit organizations that support women and minorities in the areas of civic engagement, professional development, business ownership and leadership. She is an avid singer, musician and marathon runner.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Tax and Wealth Planning Group
- Entertainment Group
- Business and Finance Group
- UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, CA, Master of Laws in Business Law with Tax Law Concentration, Dean's Tuition Fellowship Recipient, 2008
- Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, IN, Juris Doctor, Dean's Honor List and Law School Fellowship Recipient, Executive Articles Editor of the Journal of College and University Law, 2007
- UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science (International Relations Concentration) - Summa Cum Laude, and Asian American Studies, 2003
- State Bar of California, 2007
- Beverly Hills Estate Planning Council - Member
- Beverly Hills Bar Association (Trusts and Estates Section) - Member
- Asian Business League - Member
- Advancing Justice - Pro Bono Attorney
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles - Member
- National Association of Women Business Owners - Member
- Rotary Club of Beverly Hills