Kayla Horacek is a Certified Family Law specialist and accredited Minor’s Counsel. She has extensive experience in business evaluations, complex property division and child custody issues, especially pertaining to high asset clients.
In addition to her certification as a Family Law Specialist, Kayla was formerly a behavioral technician for children with autism—a combination that provides her with a deeper understanding for legal issues involving special needs children.
She excelled in her studies at Southwestern University School of Law, where she received a CALI award for excellence in Torts, first-place award for “Best Brief,” and second place for “Best Oralist” in the Moot Court Honors Program. She was also a member of Moot Court and competed in the National Moot Court Competition.
Super Lawyers Magazine has recognized Kayla as a Super Lawyer for 2016 and 2017 and a Southern California Super Lawyer for 2016 and 2017, and earlier named her a Rising Star in 2014 and 2015.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Family Law Group
- Litigation Group
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Business Evaluations
- Complex Property Division
- Child Custody Issues
- State Bar of California, 2005
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, CA, Juris Doctor, 2005
- Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA, Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, Summa Cum Laude, 2002
- Certified Specialist, Family Law, California Board of Legal Specialization
- State Bar of California
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Board Member Century City Chamber of Commerce
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- Board of Directors, Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law