Philip S. Magaram
Philip S. Magaram is the senior partner at Valensi Rose. His career spans more than 50 years of working with clients on complex business, personal, estate, and tax issues. Because of his experience, legal insight, and business acumen, extremely high-net-worth clients turn to Phil to help with the unique challenges and responsibilities that accompany their wealth.
Phil’s attention to detail and unique insight enable him to craft optimal planning strategies that maximize financial benefits for his clients and their beneficiaries by disinheriting Uncle Sam. Serving as their trusted confidant, his primary goal is to help his clients achieve their personal objectives.
Due to his clients’ confidence in his business insight and common sense, in addition to estate and tax planning Phil is also frequently asked to advise on complex business issues, real estate transactions and important family matters.Heknows the problems and complexities that face high-net-worth clients require precise legal knowledge and a thorough understanding of how the business world works. He believes it is equally important to have the ability to empathize with the human side, helping clients reconcile the competing demands they face.
Phil has been named a “Super Lawyer” among Southern California lawyers thirteen years in a row.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Tax and Wealth Planning Group
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Tax Strategy & Planning
- Tax Controversy
- Charitable Planning
- California, 1962
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, CA, 1961 – LL.B.
- University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, 1958 – B.S.
- With Honors in Accounting
PUBLICATIONS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:
- Instructor, Advanced Estate Planning, University of San Diego Graduate Tax Program, 1985 – 1988
- Co-Host, Strategies of the Rich and Smart, Channel 22-The Business Channel, for the Arthritis Foundation
- Certified Specialist, Taxation Law, California Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified Specialist, Probate, Estate Planning & Trust Law, California Board of Legal Specialization
- Chairman, Couples Against Leukemia – an Affiliate of Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Member, Board of Trustees, Greater Los Angeles County Chapter
- Pacific Region Arthritis Foundation (1972 – Present) – Life Member of the Board and Past Chairman
- California State University Northridge Foundation – Member, Board of Directors and Former Chairman of the Board
- Beverly Hills Bar Association (1963 – Present) – Member, Probate and Taxation Committees
- Century City Bar Association (1972 – 1975) – Member, Board of Governors
- Los Angeles County Bar Association – Member
- State Bar of California, Taxation Section – Member
- American Bar Association – Member