Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights
Valensi Rose lawyers collectively have over 50 years' experience working with more than 25 lenders and other parties in all areas of bankruptcy, restructuring and creditors’ rights. We understand our clients’ challenges and vigorously protect their interests. One of our lawyers was the chief legal officer and general counsel of a major financial institution and has five published bankruptcy court decisions.
Our bankruptcy, restructuring and creditors’ rights lawyers handle transactional matters such as documenting and negotiating secured and unsecured loans, loan purchases/sales, loan modifications and similar contracts, as well as litigation matters such as collection lawsuits in state and federal court, and bankruptcy matters.
We work with:
- Institutional and private lenders
- High net-worth families with businesses
- Business entities
- Landlords, tenants and other parties as creditors
- Represented entertainer and defeated trustee's attempt to take additional music royalties to fund confirmed Chapter 11 bankruptcy plan; published opinion.
- Represented family in personal bankruptcy of family member, to buy debtor's interests in family businesses from Chapter 7 trustee in court-approved sale and avoid outsiders acquiring those interests.
- Represented institutional lender in loan workout and handled litigation in state court, federal district court and bankruptcy court to recover a luxury property securing the multi-million dollar loan; obtained order granting lender immediate possession of collateral before completing the foreclosure.
- Represented institutional and private lenders to negotiate and document scores of secured and unsecured loans.
- Represented institutional lender in workout of multi-million dollar loans made to elderly lawyer secured by real property located in three states; full loan payoff.
- Represented lender as fiduciary of family trust to make/document secured loans from trust assets to beneficiaries.
- Represented institutional lenders acquiring real property from borrowers by deeds in lieu of foreclosure, then documenting lenders' sale of real property to third parties.
- Represented 20+ institutional and private lenders in borrower bankruptcies; obtained relief from the automatic stay allowing lenders to pursue default remedies and defeated borrowers' attempts to confirm proposed Chapter 11 plans; published opinions.
- Represented landlords in tenant bankruptcies; published opinions.
- Represented commercial landlord and obtained $800,000 judgment against tenant who vacated premises early.
- Represented the lender in connection with a difficult construction loan, financing a ground lease to construct a 17-story, 356-room hotel in California.