Lenders and Borrowers
We protect lenders by writing clear loan documents and enforcing them under applicable law in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts. We protect borrowers by negotiating pro-borrower loan terms and creating effective solutions when the borrower needs relief.
Our lawyers handle a broad range of matters, including documenting and negotiating secured and unsecured loans, loan purchases/sales, loan modifications and similar contracts, in addition to litigation matters, such as collection lawsuits in state and federal court, and bankruptcy matters.
- Represented entertainer and defeated trustee's attempt to take additional music royalties to fund confirmed Chapter 11 bankruptcy plan; published opinion.
- Represented family in personal bankruptcy of family member to buy debtor's interests in family businesses from Chapter 7 trustee in court-approved sale and avoid outsiders acquiring those interests.
- Represented institutional lender in loan workout, then litigation in state court, federal district court and bankruptcy court to recover luxury property securing multi-million dollar loan; obtained order granting lender immediate possession of collateral before completing foreclosure.
- Represented institutional and private lenders to negotiate and document scores of secured and unsecured loans.
- Represented institutional lender in workout of multi-million dollar loans made to elderly lawyer secured by real property located in three states; full loan payoff.
- Represented lender as fiduciary of family trust to make/document secured loans from trust assets to beneficiaries.