The Entertainment Industry
Our significant specialty niche in the music sector is supported by an all-encompassing practice that includes work with:
- Record Labels
- Recording Artists
- Film Composers
We also represent people across the entertainment industry, including studio, network and guild executives; talent agencies; producers; directors; performers; screenwriters; and authors.
In an industry that likes to “wing it,” we keep our clients grounded so they can focus on their passions, helping them with everything from the legal logistics of running a show to ensuring that their agreements satisfy their needs.
- Prevailed on behalf of an internationally renowned entertainer by successfully opposing a bankruptcy trustee's motion to obtain additional royalties.
- Filed a lawsuit against a major music publisher for repeated failure to properly account for royalties.
- Negotiated the sale of a $22 million music-publishing catalogue.
- Represented a Grammy-winning artist/composer in recent signing with a prominent record label.
- Provided tax counsel to an artist splitting with his label and taking master recordings.
- Saved famous rock star over $1 million in resolution of IRS tax dispute.