Michael R. Morris
Michael R. Morris has blended his tax law expertise with his passion for music and entertainment, resulting in a practice that is unique.
As a former trial lawyer for the IRS and a Certified Specialist in Taxation Law, Michael provides insightful resolutions to his clients’ complicated tax, estate and business transaction issues. In the entertainment industry, Michael has developed a strong reputation of providing valuable and effective business solutions in areas such as copyright and contractual matters.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Tax and Wealth Planning Group
- Entertainment Group
- Business and Finance Group
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Tax Controversy
- Transactional Matters
- Estate Planning
- General Business Law
- Arizona, 1978
- California, 1981
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1980
- U.S. Tax Court, 1978
- Co-chair CalCPA Education Foundation Entertainment Industry Conference 2013, 2014, 2015
- Southern California Super Lawyer 2006-2016
- Los Angeles Business Journal, “L.A.’s Top 100 Lawyers” 2009
- Past president California Copyright Conference 2005
- University of Arizona College of Law, Tucson, AZ , 1978 – J.D.
- Honors: With Highest Distinction
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- LR: Arizona Law Review, Case Note Writer, 1976
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1975 – M.A.
- Honors: MC